Wednesday 4 February 2009

The Feeling of Being Single in A Large City

www.kisscafe.com

At times, life looks like really bitch to you. It doesn’t really matter what others think of it, what really hurts you is that things are not fine with you. For instance, I have relocated to this new city to join a new company. I've been given every facility I can ask for- an apartment, a car and stuff like that. Despite this, I guess I'm heading nowhere. Reason? I‘m leading a pretty single and lonely life. I ended up my relationship with my girlfriend about five moths back, and I've been feeling a bit low since then. The feeling of loneliness constantly haunts me. Although I have been on couple of blind dates since then, I never thought of seriously getting involved with any one. I had my jobs and my circle of friends with whom I often hanged out in bars and pubs during the evening time, some of my friends were singles like me. So life was not that bad in my home town even when I was single.

This city is huge and beautiful and has lots of things to offer, but I still don't feel like going alone. It really sucks to death being alone in a great city like this. I hardly ever know anyone here to go out with. Maybe, I should check out the potential areas of this city such as bars where singles meet a lot. If I manage to make some new friends here, we can go for trekking or parasailing on weekends. Or may be, I should probably even try for these dating sites I have heard about. Who knows if I will find someone stimulating there, then I won't have to go to a bar alone looking like someone pathetic and preying on every single girl you see there. Then I don't think life will be so dull and boring as it is now.